Operation and Maintenance
Operation and maintenance of drainage, WSUD and stormwater harvesting assets presents some significant challenges within the Australian local government and the whole of the industry in general.
Increased number of stormwater assets and reduced budgeting imposes strain on available resources for operations & maintenance as well as impending system needs.
At IVWater Solutions we understand these limitations and the importance of keeping assets in good shape, leading to a longer term system reliability and cost savings.
We are working on collecting and collating the REAL O&M data from operational projects on behalf of IPWEA VIC,
(IPWEA WSUD O&M Costs benchmarking project)
Our presentation on this subject was well received at the IPWEA VIC workshop in June 2014 and we would like to share it with you:
Operation and Maintenance of WSUD Infrastructure (PDF)
The following questions are commonly asked and rarely answered:
- Are you spending too much and is the maintenance regime appropriate for your assets?
- Do you know what needs to be cleaned and when?
- Do you know what the life cycle costs of your WSUD assets are?
- How do you assess if the maintenance regime is optimal and costs are reasonable?
- Do you reflect on what are the REAL issues of O&M cost reduction?
With our extensive experience in integrated water management spanning from water sensitive urban design (WSUD) and drainage across to stormwater harvesting we are able to assist our Clients to realize savings of up to 20% on their annual O&M budget through precise system inspection & maintenance planning and efficient and cost effective design.
We would be happy to share our experience with you.